Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Four Weeks To Go

Well, we are getting closer to the arrival of our little grandson. I was talking to the girls about it today. We were trying to guess when this little fella will get here. I thought it would be neat for him to be born on April 1 even if it is Hannah's birthday. The reason I thought that would be neat is because Great Grandpa was born on the 31st of the month and then Grandpa to be was born on the 1st of the month and then Dad to be was born on the 31st of the month so it would be cool for the baby to be born on the 1st to keep the pattern going. I also thought the 31st would be neat because Dad and baby would be born on the same day of the month. Easter Sunday would be neat too because two sets of great grandparents were married on Easter Sunday.

Mary is having a baby shower at our church on Saturday. The girls and I were looking over the gifts that all of us are going to be giving to Mary, Josh and the baby. The girls will be in PA so they won't be able to come. There may be a surprise or two! No, Mary, no hints!:)


We are trying to get the house ready as Laura's college basketball team is planning on stopping here on their way to the NCCAA II National women's basketball tournament on Monday night. They took first place in the regionals. Way to go Crusaders! They will split between our house and another girl's house who just happens to live up the street. It should be fun.


Beka and Hannah are going to a tournament in Erie, PA. They are ranked #4 in the nation for their division. They only have to win 3 games to be champions. They have taken 1st place at three other basketball tournaments this season. Go Sabers!

The baby countdown continues....

5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Sounds like Mary's shower is going to be alot of fun! At least there's a great speaker, huh? ;) Enjoy!

Mary said...

Ok I tried to leave a comment, and it didn't show up. Guess I'll try again.

So no hints, huh? Not even one? That's ok, Saturday isn't far away at all. I'm glad you'll be speaking at the shower, and I'm also grateful that you're nearby to help me with the baby and can answer my questions--I'm sure I'll have a lot :).

I never noticed that pattern with the birthdates before, so that would be neat if it worked out that way. Of course, I don't know if Josh and I want to wait that long. We're getting impatient, and it's only the beginning of March!

Good luck to the girls with their games!

Eden said...

Oh...I love baby showers. They are so much fun!

Good luck with ya'll games!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about the shower. I am sad your girls will have to miss it:(
Janelle

Christi said...

So Josh's birthday is the 31st? I had no idea. Maybe I read it wrong. Isabella's birthday is the 31st too :-) Can't wait to hear you speak at the shower and to see all the fun stuff for Mary and baby!!