Thursday, February 28, 2008

No Regrets

We had a speaker by the name of Patti Appleby speak to us in Sunday school class this past Sunday. She asked if we had any regrets. I am sure we could all think of something that we could have done better. As she was speaking, I was thinking about how God is in control of everything and even though we may have not handled everything in our life perfectly, it is those times that we grow and hopefully become more like Him.

She told us that there are six things that we should do so that we would have no regrets.

Stay in the Word of God
Figure out what is at the root of your regret
Find Forgiveness
Offer Forgiveness
Praise the Lord
Reaffirm that God has a plan for your life

I believe that if you do the above six things, you will have no regrets or at least be able to see what good has come of the things that you consider regretful.

Some of you may say that you have a ton of regrets. You need to think through each of those instances and see what you have learned through them.

There are women who have been divorced and would say that I regret marrying that man. Did you have children with him? Are they not a blessing to you?

There are women who might say that their home life was not good. Did you learn how you wanted to be treated? Do you treat others that way now?

I could go on and on, but hopefully you understand where I am going with all of this. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in ourselves that we can’t see the good things. I hope that this will encourage you all to be able to say that you have no regrets.

4 comments:

Eden said...

Vicki, I'm so glad you decided to share this insight. This post is definitely an encouragement.

Mary said...

Sounded like it was a good challenge. Too bad I missed it. Oh well, next time she comes I'll get to hear her.

Moz + Pam said...

Sound advice! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Her lesson was such a blessing. I can hardly wait until the overnight retreat.It is my desire to be a speaker like that someday:)
Speaking pf lessons I will be praying for you as you prepare to speak at Mary's shower. I am looking forward to it.
Janelle