Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Grammy to be

Happy Valentine's Day!

I thought the day of love would be a good day to start a new blog since it will be mostly about the people I love.

I decided I would start a blog about being a grandma. I decided that I would like my grandchildren to call me Grammy thus the blog name. Grammy meaning award winning grandma and Grateful because I am grateful for the children and grandchildren that the Lord has given us. My husband and I are expecting two grandbabies this year and I thought it would be fun to start a blog at the same time.

Our first grandbaby is due the beginning of April so we only have approximately 7 more weeks to wait on our first little one. We also know that it is a boy. Our second grandbaby is due the third week of August. We don't know if it is a boy or a girl. Hopefully we will find out shortly after the first one is born.

I catch myself staring at little babies and toddlers and thinking that I am going to have one of those soon. I have talked to other women who are already grandmas and they tell me this is normal which I was relieved to hear. I see some little kids that make me just want to eat them up because they look and act so sweet. Of course there are others that would make any grandma want to run and hide and fear being a grandparent altogether.

I hope you enjoy reading this and hopefully I will have pictures to put up later on.

3 comments:

Eden said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the blog world! I'm so glad you started a blog. I think it's so cool that you will have 2 grandbabies to spoil all in just a few months!

Mary said...

Hey Mom! I hope our kid isn't the kind that makes people want to run and hide, but we'll see :)

So Grammy's the name you've picked, huh? I like it, and I like the reason for it too, award-winning grandma. Tres cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grammy & Grampy! We're expecting 2 more grandbabies this year, too! We are so grateful to God for giving all of them to us! ENJOY!
Love,
Gramma Pam