Monday, August 4, 2008

Two Weeks To Go

Our little granddaughter should be arriving in two weeks. Hopefully less than that. I have been praying that she will be born on August 8th because that would make her birthday 8/8/08 and I thought that would be pretty neat. Of course any day she gets here will be pretty neat! Sarah is getting very uncomfortable and grumpy. Her words not mine. It has been very hot and I tell her to just stay inside. She doesn't need to be out in the heat. Their church is having their Vacation Bible School this week and they would like to get through that (Donald does anyway, of course he's not the pregnant one) before Sarah has the baby.

Laura will be leaving to go to college in about 10 days. She has transferred to Trinity Baptist College in FL from Maranatha in WI. She has also changed her major from Phy Ed/Health to Elementary Ed. Trinity took most of her credits except the ones that were geared toward PE. She is nervous, but excited to have this new experience. We are hoping the baby is born before she leaves as she missed the last baby being born.

Hannah has started volleyball practice. She really enjoys playing volleyball. We had several seniors leave last year, so this is a rebuilding year for the team, but it should be fun to see how they do. Where has the summer gone?

Rebekah doesn't start at the community college until the 8th of September. She will major in Exercise Science.

Keith has gone to Orlando again this week for another business trip. He has gone to FL 4 or 5 times this summer. I have lost track. He is the Athletic Director for the volleyball team and that has added more work and some more stress to his life. He seems to be holding up well.

I have been part of the uniform committee for the volleyball team and we are waiting on funds to get those ordered. That is stressful not knowing if they will look exactly like the ones we picked out and if the girls will like them. They have all seen the picture and seem to like the choice.

I tried to load a picture but it won't come up. I was planning on loading up other pictures, but I may have to wait if my computer is going to act up.

Update on Keith's Mom

Keith's Mom is at home. She is still having trouble with her eyes and is still a little weak from her stroke. She has a woman staying with her during the day and then Randy usually stays with her at night. She is suppose to get therapy for her eyes and hopefully they will get better and she can start staying alone again. This is according to her. I am not sure if that will happen or not.

Until I can get pictures up, I guess that is it for now. Tah, tah!

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Vicki, I'm so glad to hear Keith's mom is doing much better. What an answer to prayer! My friend was able to choose her son's birth date as she was having a C-section. So she chose 8/8/88! She thought that was a neat birthday to have. Mary if you're reading this & wonder who it is, it's Damian! Vicki, I became a great aunt over the weekend! A beautiful baby girl, Emma Rose! My first great niece!

Mary said...

I hope Sarah can find a way to be comfortable here in these last few weeks. It'd be great if she had the baby early though, and then Laura could see her before school starts.

Steve and Eden said...

Thank you for the update on Keith's mom, I'll continue to keep her in prayer for continued improvement.

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new granddaughter once she arrives. I'll be praying for Sarah. Hope Laura gets to see her.