Friday, May 16, 2008

Uruguay Ole!

Laura has been in Uruguay since Wednesday so we haven't seen any new posts from the travelers. According to their leader, they went to Uruguay on Wednesday and are to return today. They traveled by boat across part of the ocean for three hours to get there. I am hoping no one got sick. That is a long boat ride. They should be back to their temporary home base soon.

I talked to Laura on Monday. She called to wish me "Happy Mother's Day One Day Late" :) She talked about where she posted on her blog that no one would let her sing a solo. (She was just trying to be funny since she will tell you herself that singing is not her talent.) So their leader, Mr. Trainer kept mentioning the fact during his preaching Sunday night that someone had posted on the blog that they hadn't been allowed to sing a solo. So he asked Laura to get up there and sing and of course she was terrified and tried to get someone to at least sing with her, but no one wanted to do it so the whole group just went up there and sang. However on the bus ride home, she and Mr. Trainer sang a duet together. I am sure it must have been hysterical. Here is a picture.


Here is what Laura posted on the blog on Tuesday.

13 May 2008

From Laura
Hey All! Just giving a quick update....Everything is still going awesome. Yesterday we had a nice rest day but then that night we did English classes and the basketball clinic again. I found a girl at the basketball clinic!! I was so excited! She was there with her dad because her brother played there but her dad asked me to teach her a few things. I was more than happy to do that =) God is so good and I have so many stories to write but I don't have time! I can't wait to see what the next few weeks will bring. I love you and miss you all!
Josh, Mary, Sarah, and Donald-I got somehting really cute for the new babies in the family....They are gonna look like cute little Argentines =)Laura

No comments: