Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Keith and I went over to Indiana to visit Sarah and Donald last Friday night and then we came back on Saturday.

Sarah's church was having their Ladies Banquet that night. It was held at Fuzzy Zoeller's Covered Bridge Golf Club in Floyds Knob, IN. (For your info: Fuzzy is one of only three professional golfers to have won The Masters in his first appearance in the event. He also won the 1984 U.S. Open.) You learned something new today. :)It was a nice place and we had a good meal. Mrs. Ball, (Sarah's Pastor's wife) gave the devotion. It was really good. Donald and Pastor Ball did a comedy skit about the use of certain "hillbilly" words for the women. It was funny even if you were "Tard" tired.

On Saturday, Sarah, her friend Carrie, and I hit the garage sales in a few subdivisions. It was a lot of walking but we had a good time and found a few little bargains. We then had a cookout with the Pastor and his family. We got home about 8:00 p.m. The girls had cleaned the house for me for Mother's Day. That is one of my favorite gifts anytime of the year.

On Mother's Day we went to church and I ended up with three corsages from Keith and Josh and Mary. I also got some roses from Sarah and Donald and a digital picture viewer for my purse from the younger girls. I can keep up to 60 pictures on it and show off my grandbabies. Josh & Mary also had Matthew's dedication service on Sunday. Mary's Mom, Dad and brother, Pete were here for that. We took pictures, but Josh & Mary have them and will have to put them up on their blog. We went out to eat at Max & Erma's later in the day after the crowds had cleared out a little bit. We were going to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but the wait there was about 3 hours. Keith and I will have to go there some other time. Most everyone else had been there before except us.

1 comment:

Steve and Eden said...

So glad you got to see Sarah and Donald!

I do hope you can post some of Matthew's dedication pics here at your blog soon.

We went to Max and Erma's with all of ya'll last time Steve's parents were in Ohio. lol

Almost everyone I know has been to the Cheesecake Factory, except me. lol