Thursday, April 10, 2008

Workshop Ramblings

I have been working on a workshop I am going to do on marriage next weekend at a Ladies Retreat. I am calling the workshop Marriage: Staying on Course. The theme of the Ladies Retreat is Amazing Race and I thought the title of my workshop should be along that same line.

It isn’t like I don’t have nearly thirty years of marriage experience to work with, but when you stop and think about it, it is quite overwhelming to think about standing in front of a bunch of women and telling them how to stay on course when you know your marriage isn’t perfect. Not that anyone’s is.

I have been working on this for sometime and have several pages of notes. I have been reading articles online, going through the Bible and skimming marriage books. I have several ideas about the way in which I would like to go, but have yet to settle on a definite direction.

I am praying that whichever direction I choose, that there is someone there who needs to hear what I have to say. That is what is important and that is why I want to do a good job. That thought keeps me motivated to keep at it and not to be weary when it starts to feel like a daunting task.

I think back over the past thirty years and there are so many memories of fun times together with Keith and the kids, the highs and lows of traveling and moving with the Air Force, all of the people we have met that have touched our lives (hopefully we have touched them as well), and just the day to day aspects of married life and I realize I should be able to talk for days let alone a 45 minute workshop.

In other news....

Bek, Han and I all went to see baby Matthew on Tuesday. We have to have time for that you know. He is changing so much already. He seems longer too. I am not there all the time, but he seems to be a really content baby.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I was busy and gearing up for next weekend and that is why I haven’t written for awhile.

5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

You are so blessed to have Matthew nearby! Enjoy every minute of it. Is your talk going to be taped? I'd love a copy of it. I'm sure you'll help many women.

Mary said...

I'll be praying for you when you speak. I don't like getting up in front of people to talk, but I'm sure you'll do great :)

Yeah, Matthew's content for the most part, but he is starting to find his voice. I think we'll really start to see his personality come out this week and following.

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...

I thought I wrote that blog as I reading what you wrote. I am doing my lesson on Godliness and through it I have been convicted and thought how unworthy I am to speak on godliness when I fall so short so many ways. But, like you said, I am praying for that one girl that needs to hear what I have to say. I wish I could hear you speak...but I will be praying for you this upcoming week.